Lynch House was chosen in memory of Arnold Lynch who was a Scientist born in Tottenham on 3rd June 1914.
Lynch was the engineer of an optical tape reader which was used to build the first electronic computer. This computer was named the Colossus. During Wold War II ten Colossus computers were used at Bletchley Park to decipher the Lorenz code, which was used to send encrypted messages between Hitler and his generals.
The children and staff in Lynch House are supporting Grange Day Centre as their charity.